Michael Duplessie, MD
Contact, Michael Duplessie, Corneal Surgery, Cataract Surgery, Lasik Pioneer
Diagnosis and treatment of the broad range of corneal and external eye disease. Traditional corneal surgeries such as penetrating keratoplasty, Seton surgery, and pterygium surgery as well as advanced techniques such as DSAEK, Deep Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty (DALK), stem cell deficiencies, and ocular surface reconstruction surgery.
- Highly skilled and experienced specialist in Cornea, External Disease, Refractive and Cataract Surgery. Over 56,000 surgeries performed.
- Extensive administrative experience in developing, designing, accrediting, licensing and administering ambulatory surgery centers and excimer laser centers.
- Created one of largest private ophthalmology training programs in USA
- One of largest private donator’s of eye charity in USA.
- Organizer of First United States Lasik Course. Author of first textbook chapter on lasik
- One of first surgeons to perform lamellar corneal surgery in USA. Author of textbook chapter on lamellar surgery.
Topical anaesthesia, small incision phacoemulsification using single vision, multifocal or toric lenses are my preferred methods for cataract surgery. Fortunate to always work in high volume cataract practices, I have performed over thousands of cataract surgeries.
I have a considerable experience in diseases of the cornea and external eye including traditional corneal surgeries such as penetrating keratoplasty, Seton surgery, and pterygium surgery as well as advanced techniques such as DSAEK, Deep Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty (DALK), stem cell deficiencies, and ocular surface reconstruction surgery. I was one of the first surgeons to perform lamellar cornea surgery in the USA and was chosen to write a textbook chapter on lamellar surgery
My lasik record is 100 cases in one day and I have performed over 30,000 Lasik operations. As an organizer of the first and largest United States Lasik Course, I was able to edit the textbook Advances in Refractive and Corneal Surgery, writing the first textbook chapters on myopic and hyperopic Lasik surgery published in the USA.